About War of Emperium
There are now two different versions of War of Emperium in Ragnarok Online; War of Emperium
and War of Emperium 2.0
(also refered to as WoE
and WoE 2.0
). This page contains the maps for each town and the locations of the castles in that town for both War of Emperium and War of Emperium 2.0
War of Emperium is a Guild vs Guild (GvG) free-for-all battle where guilds fight to capture and defend castles from the other guilds on the server. During War of Emperium there are 6 different towns, and 5 castles per town to be fought over and captured (which towns and castles are open may vary from server to server. Your private server may not have every castle open during War of Emperium).
Owning a castle gives several benefits to the owning guild, including access to a special GvG dungeon accessible only to guild members that own a castle (there is a different dungeon for every town where WoE takes place - for a total of 6 special dungeons that you can gain access to if your guild owns a castle in every town). The guild leader will also gain access to an exclusive treasure room where they can obtain gears and other items, including rare pieces used to construct the very powerful God Items. Castle treasure rooms are the only way to obtain the God Item pieces. For more information about War of Emperium and War of Emperium 2.0, you can visit iRO Wiki - War of Emperium
and iRO Wiki - War of Emperium 2.0
Modified PvP Mechanics in War of Emperium
In War of Emperium there are several changes to the mechanics of PvP:
- Flee is reduced by 20%.
- Long range normal attacks are reduced by 25%. Long range skills are reduced by 40% (the same as all other skills).
- All damage from skills is reduced by 40%. This reduction does not apply to Gloria Domini and Gravitational Field.
- Hunter traps last 4 times as long.
- Knock-back effects (including those caused by skills) are disabled in WoE.
- Any equipment that prevents skills from being inturrupted (i.e. Phen Card, Orleans Uniform, Bloody Butterfly Card, etc.) will not work.
- When entering a portal you will gain 5 seconds of invulnerability to all attacks. This invulnerability is lost once you move, use a skill, or use an item
- /noctrl will not work. You must click and hold down your mouse button to continuously attack.
- Fly wings will not work in WoE.
- The amount of damage dealt or received is not shown.
- /mineffect is automatically enabled (i.e. all effects will appear simplified).
- Death will not result in any loss of EXP.
Disabled Skills in War of Emperium
There are also several skills which are disabled in WoE:
- High Priest
- Endure (this also applies to equiment and items which give the same effect (i.e. Eddga Card, anodyne, etc.)
- Teleport (this also applies to equiment and items which give the same effect (i.e. Creamy Card, fly wing, etc.)
- Warp Portal
War of Emperium Castle Maps
Prontera (Valkyrie Realms)
Payon (Greenwood Lake)
War of Emperium 2.0 Castle Maps